Fenny Compton Post Mill
The Post Mill, which stood on Mill Hill, was built in about 1789. It had a tarred, open trestle, four common sails, ladder, tailpole and two pairs of stones (this is the mill shown in the photo). During a gale on 24th March 1895 the main post snapped. There was also an earlier post mill close to the church, built by 1655 and demolished in about 1820.