Windmill with sails but probably not in working use, surrounded by garden with suburban house next door, Tachbrook Road, Leamington Spa. 1900s
Small, 4 storey mill with 4 common sails and two pairs stones built around 1777. New gearing, sails, steam drive shaft and engine house noted in 1886 adnertisement. Ceased work c.1888 and sails sold 1894. New sails and dome cap put on. Sails removed 1943. Derelict tower demolished 1968. Site now the car park of Windmill Inn.
IMAGE LOCATION: (Warwickshire County Record Office)
Reference: PH, 352/111/234, img: 1094
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.