Willicote Deserted Medieval Settlement
Aerial photographs show a probable Medieval deserted village. It is located 100m east of RAF Long Marston and is visible as an earthwork.
1 The manor of Willicote lay mainly in Quinton parish but included lands in Clifford Chambers in 1677. By the late 18th century Willicote Farm was one of the largest in the parish.
2 Willicote. SP1848. Listed in gazetteer of deserted Medieval villages.
4 Aerial photographs show a probable deserted village site at the above grid reference. A number of linear earthworks, shrunken features and possible enclosures are marked. The 1924 edition of the OS 1:10560 map marks ‘Willicote Cottages’ to the S of the deserted village site.
5 Village earthworks visible on LiDAR.