Wharf opposite 'Napton Bridge', Southam Road
The site of a canal wharf, where vessels would have loaded and unloaded goods during the Imperial period. It was located 700m north of Napton Windmill, and was marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1927.
1 There is a wharf marked in this position on the 1927 OS map opposite the New Inn at Napton.
2 The New Inn is now the ‘Napton Bridge’ and the only evidence of a wharf is the winding hole and a large open flat area with access to the road.