Undated Fishponds 300m SW of N Woodloes Cottages
The site of fishponds, which were used for the breeding and storing of fish. Their date of origin is unknown, but they are still visible as earthworks. It is likely that they were used during the Medieval period. They are situated 300m south west of Gostee Spinney, Leek Wootton.
1 These two fishponds have man-made banks along the W side which appear to coincide with the Wedgnock Park boundary.
2 Marked as ‘Quarry Site’ on map of Wedgnock Park in 1845.