Toll house on Banbury Road, Warwick
A toll house which was built in the Imperial period which served the toll road. It is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1833 and is now a dwelling. It stands on the Banbury Road, Warwick.
1 Tollhouse marked on the Banbury Road at its juntion with Gallows Hill. It is marked on the OS 1st edition 1″ map, and is pictured on a photograph of 1930.
2 The tollhouse is now a dwelling.
3 The road was turnpiked in 1725, so the tollhouse was probably built around this time.