Toll House at Stone House Cottage, Over Whitacre
A toll house, where travellers would have paid a toll to use a toll road. It was built during the Imperial period and is situated 400m south of Monwode Lea.
1 Turnpike house/toll house marked.
2 This cottage would have been constructed in the spring of 1762. The gable end of the toll gate cottage facing the road is almost certainly from the Manor House and could be contemporary with the base of the chimney, in other words 14th century.