The Stews, Blyth Hall, Shustoke.
The site of several fishponds, used for breeding and storing fish. These fishponds date to the Post Medieval period and survive as earthworks. They are situated 300m north west of Blyth Hall.
1 There are large fishponds W of the house, perhaps in part a former moat.
2 There is no ground evidence of a complete moat or of any pre 1690 earthworks. The fishponds are ornamental features.
1 /Desc Text / /1948 /VCH /Vol 4 /p206 /WMB /
2 /Desc Text / /1976 /OS /SP29SW2 / /WMB /