Stone Pits to W and NW of Draycote
The site of a several quarries which were in use during the Imperial period. They are marked as 'stone pits' on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886. The quarries are still visible as earthworks. They are situated 600m west of Draycote.
1 Stone pits are shown on the 1886 6″ OS map.
2 These exist as pits, one 6 feet (c2m) deep, 24 feet (c8m) in diameter and flooded, the other 6 feet (c2m) deep, 18 feet (c6m) in diameter and flooded.