Steam Mill, Market Street, Polesworth
A steam mill which was built during the Imperial period for the purpose of grinding corn. It was situated on the western side of Market Street, Polesworth.
1 Formerly steam mill of Messrs Mallaby and Alkin. Grain was brought by canal and by road. Horses were stabled at the back, in the Old Salt House. 1872: Warehouse burnt down and rebuilt. 1910: Mill closed. Machinery moved to Sheepy Mill. 1912 (September): Opened as a cinema. Porch with projection room added. 1956 (October): Closed. Later re-opened as a soft drinks factory. The complex consists of two blocks of building, gable end to the road. Many blocked and new windows.