Site of Windmill to W of Windmill House, Stockton
The site of a brick tower mill, a type of windmill, which was in use in the Imperial period. Documentary sources suggest that earlier windmills may have stood at the site. It was demolished in the 1920s. It stood 500m north west of the church.
Site of windmill.
1 Brick tower mill. Built second half C19. Tower with marked batter. Four storeys, domed cap. Four patent sails and fantail. For sale 1885. Derelict without fantail c1895. Pulled down with post mill c1923. Site still apparent in orchard of Mill House.
2 A windmill is mentioned at various dates from 1356 onwards.
3 There is no longer any trace of the windmill.