Site of Tannery at Lower Tysoe
Documentary evidence suggests that this was the site of a tannery, where animal hides were turned to leather. The date of the tannery is unknown but it was located to the north west of Corner Farm, Lower Tysoe.
1 From indentures found in a Lower Tysoe house with ornate 17th century doorway (house now rebuilt) it seems that the house was used as a tannery. A document of 1748 and another of 1823 describe a ‘whitlawer’, a ?leatherworker, at Lower Tysoe.
2 House dates from 1671.