Site of Bubbenhall Mill
The site of Bubbenhall Mill, a watermill that dates back to the Medieval period. It continued to be used until the 1850s. The watermill was situated 500m west of Bubbenhall.
1 In 1086 the mill on this site was worth 4s. Later it was given to the monks of Kenilworth Priory and they retained in until the Dissolution. In 1510 the Priory leased the mill and farm to William Smith for 48s 6d per annum. The mill closed in the 1850’s and was demolished in 1904 in the course of improvements to the river. Most of the machinery was removed before demolition and has since been installed in Arrow Mill, near Alcester. The adjoining mill house showed evidence of 17th century timber framing. There is an illustration of the mill in Warwickshire Journal and also VCH Vol 6.
6 There are no visible remains of the mill and the site is now the garden of a modern house.