Site of Braunston and Willoughby Railway Station
The site of Braunston and Willoughby railway station which was built during the Imperial period. It continued to be used until 1957 when it closed. It was situated 500m south east of Willoughby.
1 The Braunston and Willoughby railway station was opened on 15th March 1899; it closed on 1st April 1957.
2 The Great Central Line enters the station from the north via a bridge across the Daventry Road, and apart from the platforms and station buildings, the station appears to have been the location for a water tank.
3 Photograph of the station master’s house (late 19th/early 20th century?).
4 Originally called just Willoughby Station, the name was changed to Braunston and Willoughby in 1904 in an attempt to attract better patronage from further afield. The station never appears to have been commercially successful and subsequently closed early in 1957.
5 The station has been demolished and is know barely traceable.