Site of Alvecote Colliery Company, Shuttington
The site of an open cast mine used for the extraction of stone and/or gravel during the Imperial period. The mine was situated 250m south of the railway line at Alvecote.
1 Land bought in 1911, site had been a pit for stone and/or gravel. The pit heap has now been almost completely removed with very little sign of the site being left on the ground.