Rugby School - The Close, Rugby
Open area developed as pleasure ground/playing field for Rugby School c. 1810 - 1815. Recommended for inclusion on Register/Local List by Lovie.
1 Rugby School – The Close, Rugby.
Lovie reports this area, formerly the site of grange and manor house of Rugby, was developed as a pleasure ground/playing field c. 1810 – 1815. Open grassed area with Scholars’ Walk, mixed planting to E and a formerly moated island (tumulus).