Royal Observer Corps in Alderminster
The site of a Royal Observer Corps Post established in 1937 to identify and monitor any enemy aircraft. It was located 200m south of Knavehill Wood.
1 This Royal Observer Corps Post was established in, or before June 1937 as Post 2, cluster D, 5 Group. In, or before November 1944 it was relocated, under the same title, to SP252443 [WA9569]. The Royal Observer Corps, which was largely manned by volunteers, was detailed to monitor enemy aircraft.