Quarry, near Cord Lane, 500m N of Easenhall
The site of a gravel pit dating to the Imperial period. It is marked on a tithe map of 1839 and is still visible as an earthwork. The gravel pit is located 700m east of Tumley Wood.
1 On the 1886 OS map, this earthwork is called Old Gravel Pit; after this is ceases to be named thus.
2 On the 1839 tithe map, 7 fields around here have Gravel[Hole] in their name.
3 The site still exists as a flat-bottomed elongated, negative earthwork, deeper at its north end where the slope of the hillside rises up.