Quarry in 'Marlpits', to N of Stoneleigh
The site of several marl pits from which marl was extracted during the Post Medieval and Imperial periods. They are marked on an estate map of 1766. The marl pits are still visible as earthworks and are situated 500m north east of Kings Wood.
1 This is known as Marlpits on an estate map from 1766.
2 Some tree filled pits are still visible.