The site of a quarry which was in use during the Imperial period and is visible as an earthwork. A map of 1766 marks the site as 'Pit Close'. It is located 700m south west of the church, Hunningham.
1 Pit Close is marked on a map of 1766.
2 A large pit was observed at this location in 1983.