Pumphouse 100m W of Stoneleigh Abbey
The site of a pump house which was in use during the Imperial period. It was situated near Stoneleigh Abbey.
1 Before 1880 a pumping wheel had been erected just below the site of the old mill on the Avon [PRN 2899]. The building and machinery have survived though no longer in use. The single-storey building houses a low breast-shot wheel, measuring 3m diameter by 0.81m wide. This is connected by a chain drive to the water pump.
2 The building still exists and the wheel seems intact.