Newlands Hall Park
Medieval and post-medieval park associated with Newlands Hall.
1 A park appears to have existed in this area from at least 1547, where it is mentioned in a Bailiffs account. A Priory Cartulary of 1411 mentions ‘Newland Manor’ as containing 270 acres of waste, wood and pasture and this may have formed a park.
It is likely that the park was created out of an area of waste such as heath or common.
Field names on an estate map of 1768 have names relating to parks such as ‘park’ and ‘lawn’. However, at this time it appears to have developed into a farmed estate rather than an area of parkland.
2 280 Acres of waste land in Keresley and Exhall were given to Coventry Priory in c.1150 with permission to inclose.