Moat at Temple House
The site of a moat, a wide ditch surrounding a building. It dates from the Medieval period and is visible as an earthwork. The moat lies 300m west of Park Farm.
1 1951: Temple House is surrounded by a homestead moat in good condition and waterfilled. 1967: There are now only three portions of the moat.
2 Two sides of the moat remain intact and waterfilled and part of the third side was infilled in 1984. The present ground plan suggests a single rectangular enclosure approx 82m by 60m, the arms of the moat being approx 6m wide and 2m deep.
3 Dimensions and plan of the site as recorded in 1985.