Milepost 500m W of Harrow Hill Farm, Long Compton.
A milepost dating to the Imperial period. It is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1923 and is located 250m north west of the sewage works, Long Compton.
1 Mile Post marked.
2 One of a series of cast iron mile markers placed exactly one mile apart on the Stratford on Avon to Oxford turnpike road, the first being one mile from the last milestone on the Oxfordshire side of the county boundary. They resemble a cast iron lamp-post without the lamp, having a fluted column with an ornate foliated base, and at the top two decorative arms pointing towards Oxford and Stratford.
3 Still standing, with one arm missing.