The site of a manor dating from the Medieval to the Modern period. The history of the site is known from documentary evidence. It is located 450m north east of Honington.
1 Honington was one of the vills with which Earl Leofric endowed the Priory of Coventry in 1043. The Priory held the estates until the Dissolution, and then passed into private ownership. The estate has since changed hands several times.
2 There were several phases of building and landscaping at the Post Medieval seat. The latter included: the 16th/17th century deer park and formal gardens; the 18th century landscape park]; and 19th century formal gardens.