'Great Pool' - Medieval Fishpond at Yew Tree Lane
A Medieval fishpond, used for the breeding and storage of fish. It is still visible as an earthwork, and is situated 500m northeast of Copt Green, Lapworth.
1 A document of the time of Edward III (1329) records the sale of a fishpond and stock associated with it. This pool should be on the course of the Lapworth Brook. It has become silted up and formed for some years an osier bed. It has recently been cleared out and now again forms a fishpond.
2 The site is now marked by a series of interconnecting ponds used for fishing.