Fillongley Mill, a watermill which was built during the Post Medieval period. It is situated 200m south east of New Bridge.
1 There was a mill here in 1725 and information on ownership exists for the C19. The mill closed in the early 1900’s. It was then converted into a dwelling but was condemned as unfit for habitation many years ago, and now stands derelict. The head race which fed the wheel can still be traced.
2 The mill has now been converted into a cottage. It is built partly of stone rubble and has been extended in brick. The wheelhouse has been filled in with brick and is used as a kitchen. The site is now called Mill Farm.
3 Photographed in 1977.