Clopton House, which was originally built during Post Medieval period. The house is 250m north east of Gilbert Close, Stratford-upon-Avon.
1 16th/17th century house renovated late 17th and early 19th century. Split into flats in 1982.
2 Attractive house with mid 17th century facade concealing an older structure, possibly built when the Clopton family sold New Place to William Shakespeare in 1597. The early house was moated and approached via a detached gatehouse and bridge on the east. The west and south ranges were remodelled in the 1660s.
3 Stands on an old moated site about a mile north of Stratford-upon-Avon and its early history is bound to the Clopton family who came into possession of the land in the 13th century.
The oldest parts of Clopton House date from the late 16th or early 17th century.