Clay pit site at Beausale
A clay pit which dates back to at least the Imperial period. It is suggested by the use of the place-name 'Clay Pit Close' which is marked on a map of 1841. The site is located 1km north east of Hatton.
1 On the 1842 tithe map, a field centered on this NGR is called Clay Pit Close: no further reference can be found.
2 The site visit revealed no surface indication of the siting of this quarry.
3 Monument location moved after examination of the tithe map.