The site of Brailes Mill, a watermill which was built during the Medieval period but continued in use until the Imperial period, according to documentary evidence. Earthworks at the site may represent the remains of a watercourse. The site is located 500m west of Meadow Coppice.
1 There was a mill in Brailes at 1086. A mill is recorded in 1529, 1547 and several times in the 17th century. It seems to have been working in the early 19th century for it is marked on the OS 1″ map of the late 1830s and in 1845 James Harris is recorded as miller. No later millers are known and the mill had been demolished by 1886. No traces of the buildings remain but there is evidence of a banked watercourse and a depression which may have been the pond.