Bodymoor Heath Wharf
Canal and canal wharf - the Birmingham to Fazeley canal and the site of a wharf where vessels would have loaded and unloaded goods. It dates to the Imperial period and is located to the north of Bodymoor Heath Bridge. It is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1903.
1 The 1903 OS 25″shows a wharf in this position on the Birmingham and Fazeley Canal.
2 To the west of the canal is a modern wharf and a large flat area; but no obvious canal buildings. East of the canal is a long redbrick warehouse connected to a large redbrick 3-bay, 2 storey house. The warehouse has openings facing the canal; but the house, although contemporary, looks too grand to be simply a wharf house.