Bearley Mill. A modern building which began as the Milk Marketing Board's grass drying centre in 1948. It is now a country shop. The building lies on Snitterfield Road, Bearley
1 Bearley Mill started as the Milk Marketing Board’s grass drying centre in 1948, the dried grass being returned to other farms in bales for animal feed. This was in response to the government requiring the MMB to incease the output of the nation’s dairy herd as the Second World War created havoc with world food supplies. On the mill floor, work went on day and night during the peak months, much of the workforce being the Polish refugees from Bearley’s RAF Camp (RAF Snitterfield) (see MWA 8100).