Bascote Toll House, Long Itchington
A toll house which was used in the Imperial period to collect the tolls from travellers on the canal. It is now a private house and is situated near Toll House Bridge.
1 Adjacent to the Toll House Bridge on the Warwick and Napton Canal the OS map for 1889 shows a toll house, apparently serving the canal, not the road. This building is now a private dwelling called “Bascote Toll House”. It is a simple red-brick, two storey cottage with a slate roof. Adjacent to it is an old winding hole.