Ancient charter boundary relating to Long Itchington
The site of the parish boundary between Ufton and Long Itchington which dates to the Early Medieval period. It is situated between Ufton Wood and Long Itchington Wood.
1 In the charter bounds of Long Itchington (1001) pass through a ‘High Oak in the middle of Wulluht Grove’. The Grove is a 200-acre wood shared between Long Itchington and Ufton. It is bisected by a massive bank going all around the Itchington part; this was built in two stages, the second perhaps connected with the making of a Medieval deer park.