The windmill and Montgomery House, Mill Lane, Harbury. 1900s
Built between 1802 and 1812. Had 4 common sails and staging. Ceased work by sail 1911-12, sails off early 1920s, stocks off 1934. Subsequently worked by electricity into 1950s.
Derelict stone (lower part) and red brick (tarred) tower with batter, in fair condition. Iron sheeted boat cap with wheel and cahin luffing gear, windshaft with poll end & brakewheel, 3 pairs of stones & much gear & equipment, only stumps of staging remain. About 60ft (c.18m) high, 6 storey.
IMAGE LOCATION: (Warwickshire County Record Office)
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.