View of Tysoe windmill. 1930s
This windmill lies on the borders of two parishes, Tysoe and Compton Wynyates.
Built during the early 18th century. 12 sided, barrel shaped stone tower with batter. 4 common sails, aluminium covered conical cap with finial & tail projection for winding gear, 2 pairs stones and all machinery. Ceased work after lightning stike in 1915. New sails 1935. Partial restoration 1951. Final restoration 1968-75 by D. Ogden at the expense of the owner The Marquess of Northampton.
IMAGE LOCATION: (Warwickshire County Record Office)
Reference: PH, 352/183/20, img: 3137
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.