The Post Mill which stood on Mill Hill, above Fenny Compton.
Built in the 18th century, possibly older. Tarred, open trestle, 4 common sails, ladder, tailpole and 2 pairs stones. It collapsed when the main post snapped in a gale 24th March 1895.
There was another post mill further from the church, which was built by 1655 and demolished inthe 1820s.
IMAGE LOCATION: (Warwickshire Museums. Photographic Collections.)
Reference: A, 4976, img: 8019
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.