Exterior view of St Peter's church, Church Lawford. This church consists of chancel, nave, north and south aisles, west tower, north porch, and a vestry. It was rebuilt in the gothic style in hammer-dressed sandstone ashlar in 1874, and all that has been retained of the previous church is three bays of the fourteenth century north arcade, two piscinas, the font, and some fragments of tracery and early fourteenth century slabs with foliated crosses built into the tower walls. See Victoria County History of Warwickshire, vol.6. pp. 148-9. Circa 1898
IMAGE LOCATION: (Rugby Library)
Reference: W, 726.534 CHU, img: 7789
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.