Chilvers Coton. Infant school standard 1

Chilvers Coton infants school, Standard 1 1920-21. Kathleen Merry holding notice. |  IMAGE LOCATION: (Nuneaton Library) PEOPLE IN PHOTO: Merry, Kathleen, Merry as a surname
Chilvers Coton infants school, Standard 1 1920-21. Kathleen Merry holding notice.
IMAGE LOCATION: (Nuneaton Library) PEOPLE IN PHOTO: Merry, Kathleen, Merry as a surname
Reference: Nuneaton Library, 1972, img: 4024
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement for further details.

According to one of our viewers, “Chilvers Coton Infant School stood to the left hand side of Chilvers Coton Church Hall, looking from Coventry Road. The School playground looked onto Coventry Road, with the school buildings standing behind the playground, sadly the school was demolished along with all the other shops and houses around 1970 to make way for the roundabout that now services traffic at the Coton Arches,

Before the roundabout was built, all traffic was controlled by single traffic lights through the larger central arch of the railway bridge which then came from five separate directions. Today it serves four roads, Coton Road, Coventry Road and Avenue Road survived, Bridge Street is now a dead end, making way for the dual carriageway off College Street and Edward Street can only now be accessed one way from the roundabout. “