Site of Tramway at Bascote Lime Works
The site of a tramway which was in use during the Imperial period. It ran between the Bascote Lime Works and the canal wharves. The line of the tramway is still visible near to the canal. It was located 600m north east of Bascote.
1 By 1899 the limeworks had disappeared, but hachuring from Bascote Toll House to Gossamer Hill indicates the presence of a tramroad from quarries to the canal wharves. Part of the route of this tramroad can still be traced near the canal, and fence posts along the lane may have been wooden tramroad sleepers.