Site of Medieval Grange at Leicester Grange
Leicester Grange, the site of a Medieval grange, a farm or estate belonging to a religious order. The site is known from documentary evidence and is located 300m east of Hinckley Road.
1 The manor of Wolvey Grange or Leicester’s Grange was part of the Combe estates and was leased in 1459 by the convent to John Perkyns. Ownership information exists for the Grange after the dissolution.
2 ‘Leicesters Grange’ marked.
3 The present building dates from 1803.