Site of Gaol off Church Street
The site of a lock up or prison dating to the Imperial period. It was owned by the Dean and Chapter of Worcester, and is marked on a tithe award map of 1842. It was situated off Church Street, Shipston on Stour.
1 Building No 449. A Lock-up House owned by the Dean and Chapter of Worcester.
2 Mawkin End, a short wide area formed by the convergence of Shoemakers Street and the Shambles. Local tradition has it that the local ‘lock-up’ was situated at the W end of the street. It is clearly shown on reference 1.