Possible Fishponds S of London Road
Possible fishponds used for the breeding and storage of fish. They are marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1886. The fishponds date to the Imperial period are still visible as earthworks. They are situated 300m southwest of St Leonard's Church, Ryton on Dunsmore.
1 Fishponds marked.
2 Ponds still contain water. Possibly associated with 18th century Ryton House.
3 These features are two lakes belonging to Ryton House, built in 1806-7. The two lakes lie along the northern boundary of the site. The ground towards the lakes has been regraded to flatten the slope. The bridge which carries the drive forms the dam between the upper (eastern) and lower (western) lakes: the level of pools was raised in 1889.