Possible Dovecote, Leamington Hastings
Documentary evidence suggests that this is the site of a dovecote, a building for the breeding and housing of doves and pigeons. It would have been used from the Post Medieval to the Imperial period. It was located 100m northwest of the church at Leamington Hastings.
1 A “Dove House Close” appears on a map of 1718.
2 A “Dovehouse Close” appears on a map of 1768, but not on later maps.
3 A modern swimming pool now occupies most of the site and no traces remain.