Masters Wood / Red Hill Wood

Description of this historic site

Medieval wood called Masterswood (now called Red Hill Wood)

Notes about this historic site

1 There is a record of a wood called Maisterswoode in 1465-6. Maisterwoode was held by the Knights Hospitallers as part of their manor of Grafton, but was in the parish of Haselor. Masters Wood became known as Red Hill Wood, a name still attatched to woodland in Haselor.

More from Haselor
More from Forestry