Disused Quarry N of Compton Wynyates
The site of a quarry which probably dates to the Imperial period. It is marked on the Ordnance Survey map of 1906. It was situated on the south side of Windmill Hill.
1 That part of Windmill Hill which overlooks Compton House in the extreme north of the parish has been extensively quarried in the past – it is marked on current OS 1:10,000 as disused. On the second edition of the 1:2,500 OS map the earthwork is shown but not on the first edition.