Claverdon House grounds
Gardens associated with Claverdon House. They date to the Post Medieval and Imperial periods and are situated 100m south west of Claverdon Manor. Earthworks are shown on the Ordnance Survey maps of 1886 and 1926. Recommended for inclusion on Local List by Lovie.
1 Earthwork remains of garden features – terraces, ponds, adjacent to early 17th century stone tower in 19th century. Early 19th century drawing by Saunders shows timber framed building by tower, now gone. Tower may have been banqueting house for mansion. Park existed by 1297. Recommended for inclusion on Local List.
2 – 3 Earthworks are shown to the north east of the stone tower on the OS 1:10560 1886 and 1926 Shts Warks 32SW.