Next to Bentley Pound is a bench that attracts attention with its slightly unusual design. It may serve a practical purpose, but it too has a history. After speaking with the Atherstone Civic Society, it turns out the bench is one of a number donated by Lady Dugdale to commemorate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897. It had been in storage at a local ironmonger’s and was placed beside the Pound during Queen Elizabeth’s Golden Jubilee year.
A similar bench still remains in its original position within the parish, adjacent to Beehive Cottage, towards Atherstone on the Coleshill Road.