Wolston Priory. Sir William Dugdale, in his " Antiquities of Warwickshire", could not find an exact account of the foundation of this Priory, but it has since been established that Hubert Boldran was the founder, between 1086 and 1194. The date of the dissolution of the Priory does not seem to have been established either, but it was towards the middle of the sixteenth century that the Priory Farm (seen in photograph) was built from material of the old Priory. The present building is much restored and modernised. 1905
IMAGE LOCATION: (Rugby Library)
Reference: W, 728.6, img: 7850
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement for further details.