Southam 'Old Mill' Windmill, Welsh Road West. c.1900
Originally built around 1807. Rebuilt after a fire in 1849. Had 6 storeys, 4 patent sails and 2 sets of stones on the third floor. Sails off 1923. Worked by steam then oil until after 1948. Dismantled and truncated by 1955. Demolished early 1980s.
IMAGE LOCATION: (Warwickshire County Record Office) IMAGE DATE: (c.1900)
Reference: PH, 127/17, img: 129
This image is subject to copyright restrictions. Please see our copyright statement
for further details.